TENNIS CHANNEL’S MEAL AND A MATCH SWEEPSTAKES
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
VOID IN GUAM, PUERTO RICO AND ALL OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. SPONSOR. Tennis Channel’s Match and a Meal Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by The Tennis Channel, Inc. [2850 Ocean Park Boulevard, Suite 150, Santa Monica, California 90405, 310.314.9416] (“Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents physically located and residing in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and their immediate families (parents, spouses, siblings, children, household members and the spouses and children of the foregoing) of Sponsor, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, trustees, franchisees, participating vendors, distributors, dealers, advertisement or promotion agencies and affiliated agencies and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, investors, successors and assigns (the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide by all terms of these Official Rules and Regulations (“Rules”) and the decisions of the Sponsor. The Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Eligibility, age and all claims made by potential winners are subject to verification. Prize winners must complete, sign, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Prize Acceptance/Liability and (where legally permissible) Publicity Release Form, except where prohibited by law, within five (5) days of receipt of same. Do not proceed in this Sweepstakes if you do not fall within the eligibility requirements set forth in these Rules. You must have a Facebook (the “Entry Site”) account to enter. If you do not have an account, visit www.facebook.com to create one. All terms and conditions of Facebook apply. Facebook accounts are free (the Facebook app must be downloaded to a compatible mobile device, however).
3. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. Entry to the Sweepstakes begins at 9:00AM Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on May 8, 2020 and continues through 3:00PM PST on May 10, 2020 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). For purposes of these Rules, all times and days are PST.
All Entries for the Grand Prize Sweepstakes must be received by Sponsor on or before 3:00PM PST on May 10, 2020. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrant certifies that his/her Entry is wholly owned by entrant and agrees that he or she will grant to Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, sub-licensable, non-exclusive license to use Entry, and/or parts thereof, and likeness of any identifiable person contained in the Entry for promotional or other purposes, and that Entrant has all necessary rights in the Entry to do so. Entrant agrees to execute and have executed any required documents in furtherance of such grant of rights. Entrant represents that he or she has secured the necessary permissions and releases of any such persons appearing or described in the Entry, and represents that the Entry does not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity of any individuals, and that the use of the Entry will not violate such rights. Without limiting the foregoing and except to the extent where prohibited by law, entrant grants the Sponsor the right to use his or her name and city and state of residence in connection with this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entry that it believes contains obscene, offensive, or inappropriate content, that uses or refers to Sponsor, the Sweepstakes Entities or Tennis Channel (including its subsidiaries and associated entities) in any critical, negative or derogatory manner, that does not comply with these Rules or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the Sweepstakes.
Entries by any other method other than set forth above are void.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS. Daily Prize (as described below) winners will be randomly selected once per day from all eligible Entries received up until the time of selection on each respective calendar day. Daily Prize winners will be notified through Facebook and asked to contact Tennis Channel through email. Four Prize (as described below) Potential Winners will be selected in a random drawing from amongst all eligible entries received, at or around 3:00PM PST on May 8, May 9 and May 10, 2020, respectively. The content of the Entry will not be taken into account in the Winner selection procedure, provided that the comment is in compliance with these Official Rules, including any submission requirements. The potential Winner(s) will be notified through Facebook starting on or about May 10, 2020 and asked to contact Tennis Channel through email. Any potential Winners must meet all eligibility requirements including, if applicable, the execution and delivery of all necessary releases (as described below). Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify potential any Winner in its sole discretion. If a potential Winner is unreachable or does not reply to notification within forty-eight (48) hours, his/her Winner spot may be forfeited and an alternate potential Winner may be selected. Potential Prize Winners may be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility/Prize Acceptance and Liability and (where legally permissible) Publicity Release Form (“Affidavit”) with all required information (e.g., legal name, valid address, etc.), except where prohibited by law. If potential Winner fails to complete, execute, have notarized and return the Affidavit, except where prohibited by law, within five (5) days of receipt, an alternate potential Winner may be chosen.
Daily Prize: Twelve (12) daily prizes consisting of one (1) gift certificate to The Cheesecake Factory in the value of Fifty Dollars with an Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Fifty Dollars ($50.00) (the “Prize”). Actual prize item awarded will be determined by Sponsor, at its sole discretion. Total ARV of all prizes is Six Hundred Dollars ($600).
One (1) Prize per winner/household. Winner will not receive difference between actual and ARV, if any.
Winner and guest may be required to sign and return such additional prize-related documents as provided by Sponsor. The Prize is non-refundable for cash and non-changeable once issued. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen elements of the Prize. Grand Prize winner cannot sell, assign or transfer their prize to another person. All federal, State, local or other taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of Prize winner. No substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for Prizes (or prize components) will be allowed, except that Sponsor may substitute the Prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any depictions of Grand Prize (or Grand Prize elements) are for illustrative purposes only.
Winner is responsible for any and all expenses and taxes not included in the Grand Prize package, including, but not limited to, Federal, state and local taxes. The Prize is provided “as is” and without any warranty of any kind, and is subject to the terms and conditions of any prize.
7. CLAIMING PRIZES/RELEASES. Eligibility, age, legal name and all claims made by a potential winner are subject to verification. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted, or if they are found to be ineligible, an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If the Prize or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable or if the potential winner fails to respond to notification attempts, the winner may be disqualified, and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event the winner declines the Prize or winner fails to execute and return the completed releases described below, Sponsor may elect, at its own discretion, to select an alternate winner. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an Entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the holder of the Facebook account on which the Entry is posted, as determined by Sponsor. Potential Prize winner may be required to complete, sign, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Prize Acceptance/Liability and a Publicity Release Form, except where prohibited by law, within five (5) days of receipt of same. By accepting any Prize, Prize winner consents to the use of Prize winner’s name, address (city and state only), voice, biography, photograph, likeness, prize information and/or statements about the Sweepstakes without any additional compensation, for programming, advertising, trade and promotional purposes, and any and all matters related to the Sweepstakes, in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, except where prohibited by law. By accepting the Prize, winner consents to the use of their names, address (city and state only), voice, biographical and Prize information and/or statements about the Sweepstakes, photographs and likenesses, without additional compensation, for programming, advertising, trade and promotional purposes in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, except where prohibited by law. If a potential winner fails to comply with the Rules and/or to submit required documentation within the designated period, the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion. In accepting Prize, winner further acknowledges that the Sweepstakes Entities have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied in fact or in law, relative to Prize or Prize suppliers or to any portion thereof, including by not limited to its quality, merchantability, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor shall not be responsible or liable for its failure to contact potential winners due to an incorrect, out of date or undeliverable email address or telephone number. Entrants should update their user accounts regularly with their correct contact information so that they will be able to receive Prizes if selected as a potential winner. A potential winner, who fails to notify Sponsor with any complaint or problem within three (3) days after attempted prize notification, forfeits their right to do so. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent mail/email sent to entrants not by Sponsor.
10. PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES/DISQUALIFICATION. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole determination, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of the Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Without limitation of the foregoing, any use of software or hardware, including without limitation, a program, mechanism, system, robot, “bot”, macro or other artificial device, process or manipulation (“Manipulation”) is strictly prohibited. Sponsor may suspend or discontinue the Sweepstakes if, in its sole opinion, there is any actual or suspected tampering of the Sweepstakes, or any other malfunction, event or activity that may affect the integrity of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to terminate any person’s participation in the Sweepstakes whom Sponsor suspects has engaged in any Manipulation.
11. IRREGULARITIES; CANCELLATION. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend, cancel or modify the Sweepstakes at any time if a computer virus, bug, malfunction, Manipulation, act of sabotage, act of God, or any other problem, regardless of the cause, affects, compromises, or corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes. Prizes that are not obtained through authorized legitimate methods, or are the result of Manipulation, mechanical, electronic, digital, computer or other error, are void. Sponsor shall not be obligated to award any prize that relates to or arises out of an irregular entry or improper or mistaken prize notification, operation or function of this Sweepstakes. No more than the stated number of prizes in these Rules will be awarded. In addition to the foregoing, if for any reason (including, but not limited to, strikes, lock-outs, acts of God, technical difficulties, and other events not within the reasonable control of Sponsor), Sponsor cannot continue the Sweepstakes, Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, cancel this Sweepstakes.
12. RELEASE OF LIABILITY; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees to release the Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, death, damages or losses to persons and/or property which may be sustained in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes, and/or the receipt, ownership, use, or misuse of any prize. Entrants agree that Sponsor, their respective officers, directors and employees, and their agents, representatives, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for:
a) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible entries, lost, misdirected or otherwise undeliverable mail, or postage-due notices, release forms, affidavits or other correspondence;
b) potential winner’s unsuccessful efforts to claim any prize;
c) any telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, mobile application, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, slow-downs, failures, or difficulties of any kind;
d) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions;
e) human error, incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entries;
f) any condition caused by events beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted, however minor;
g) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising in connection with or as a result of the acceptance, possession, or use of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes;
h) any unauthorized Entries or Manipulation by a person;
i) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated to the Sweepstakes, or errors attributable to a malfunctioning prize notice or pop-up window associated with the Sweepstakes;
j) any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy;
k) any damage to any entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of this Sweepstakes;
l) any fraudulent mail/email sent to entrants not by Sponsor.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, OR THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ENTRANTS’ (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR (2) ACCEPTANCE OF ANY PRIZE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE SWEEPSTAKES IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO ALL ENTRANTS. ENTRANTS SHOULD CHECK THEIR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
13. GOVERNING LAW. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant and Sweepstakes Entities, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of California. In any action brought to enforce the obligation or right of any party hereunder they consent to personal jurisdiction and venue in any court of appropriate jurisdiction in Los Angeles County, California, USA. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
14. OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS/NAMES OF WINNERS. For a copy of these Rules or the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Tennis Channel’s Meal and a Match Sweepstakes “RULES”/“WINNERS LIST” (specify which), 2850 Ocean Park Boulevard, Suite 150, Santa Monica, California 90405. Requests must be received by December 31, 2020. The Rules will be accessible at http://thetennischannel.com during the Sweepstakes Period.
15. NO AFFILIATION. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Entrants understand they are providing their Entry to Sponsor and not to Instagram. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. This sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, or its sponsors, and is subject to Facebook’s Terms and Conditions.
2020 The Tennis Channel, Inc. All Rights Reserved.